Everyone! Meet the new addition to my family!!!
His name is Buttonwillow ❤️
why is James spelled with an s. why is it plural. more than 1 Jame. how many James.
first rule of fight club
- no fightin!…shakira shakiraaa
"Gulabi Gang" is a gang of women in India who track down and beat abusive husbands with brooms.
this is too thug not to reblog
That’s not all they do - they’ve got more information on their website.
What else they do that is awesome:
- Stop child marriages
- Persuade families to educate girl-child
- Train women in self-defense
- Oppose corruption in administration
- Create awareness about the evils of dowry
- Register FIRs against sex-offenders and abusive husbands
- Publicly shame molesters
- Encourage women to become financially independent
Lesley Kinzel (via curvesahead)
I will always reblog this because it is so so important.
I just want to nail this to every stable surface I can find. I cannot count the amount of times that I’ve seen fat folks being encouraged, cajoled, and even forced into behaviors that would be recognized as disordered eating/exercising patterns in thin folks.
Pretty much everything that’s done on shows like The Biggest Loser would be called out as pro-ana/pro-orthorexia in a thin person. Exercising past the point that it hurts, to the point where you’re throwing up, even injuring yourself? Berating yourself because you didn’t lose ENOUGH weight this week? Constantly talking about how fat is weakness and thinness will make everything better, about how you can’t stand to be your current weight anymore? Emphasis on weight as a sign of how much control, strength, and worth you have? Viewing food as bad, as a temptation to sin? Constant sharing and talking about tips on how to minimize food intake, how to lose weight?
That sounds exactly like every pro-ana/pro-mia blog I’ve ever seen. It’s also what fat people are told we need to be doing to ourselves until we’re thin.
And then you become thin and they ask what caused it.
I’ve decided to put together a small anti-captivity giveaway as I’m in a good mood and all that :).
So here’s what you need to know:
If you end up being the lucky winner you can choose one of the following (depending on prices at the competition end I may even be able to combine some of the prizes):
- To have an orca of your choice adopted through The Whale Museum.
- A copy of David Kirby’s book, Death at SeaWorld.
- A DVD copy of Blackfish .
- A DVD copy of The Cove.
Incase the winner chooses the DVD option I will purchase the prizes after a winner has been announced (just to make sure the DVD bought is for the correct region) and all prizes will be shipped directly to you after purchase - wherever you may be :).
** In order to be in with a chance of winning you must be following my anti-captivity blog Captivity Kills and have reblogged this post. **
You can reblog/enter as many times as you’d like and a winner will be announced (using a random generator) on May 24th 2014 - the same day as Empty The Tanks Worldwide.
REALLY just wanna take this chance to remind the people who follow me to not kill/trap opossums if they’re in your yard, and do not call animal control! Seriously.
- Opossums are literally 100% BIOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE of carrying rabies. Their body temperature is too cool to incubate it properly.
- Opossums are actually quite gentle and NOCTURNAL, so if they’re roaming, they’ve probably gotten lost, been injured, and are looking for a place to hide.
- Young opossums tend to try to climb into garbage cans when they’re starving. This is because THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING. Don’t fucking shoot them or hit them with things because you wanna be some fucking macho top-of-the-food-chain cocksucker.
- Mama possums are amazing mothers and if you encounter an “aggressive” opossum, it’s probably because she’s got babies hanging off her nipple and she’s freaking out. They’re clumsy. Sometimes they don’t hear you coming and you catch each other off guard.
- Wanna lure an opossum off of your property? You can set up a box with some greens and cat kibble in it, hide it well, and lure them out that way. They’re actually quite harmless and keep other predators away. they eat lotsa gross stuff.
- Opossum mamas who get hit by cars often still have their helpless babies attached to them. Possums get a bad rep and people say they are “the dumbest animal”, but they are incredible creatures who have been around since the days of fucking dinosaurs so treat them well, okay?
this is actually what texas sounds like
Reblog if you have a chronic illness
Forever stamps are good for forever…..they never expire and will always work for letter postage.
Or else they wouldn’t be forever now would they?
There are two types of forever stamps; domestic and international.
You can use domestic forever stamps on international mail BUT they will require extra postage along with it.
The international forever stamps are obviously all good for international mail and require no extra postage.
If you wanna freshen up during the day you can try feminine wipes or using a feminine wash before you start your day! I love Summer’s Eve products! These are my go-tos and the wipes are great for busy days!
Okay, vagina owners. Your vagina is SUPPOSED to smell. We all have our own scent. Own it! Now, of course after a good work out or a hot day, you may need a little help to feel “fresh” and I get that. I feel the same. Wipes or a shower should be adequate. Whatever you use, make sure it’s unscented. A lot of scented things will actually give you infections. I personally use Tide Free & Gentle on my clothes because it is dye and perfume free and when I use scented detergent, I get infections :(
Now, if you smell particularly “fishy” or funky and you notice a change from your usual scent… That could be a sign of infection and you should see a doctor.
Under no circumstance should you douche! A couple reasons for this: 1. Your vagina is a self cleaning organism. If you wipe out all the good flora in there, your vagina will become unbalanced and unclean and more susceptible to infection and 2. If you already have an infection, douching can push that infection UP towards your uterus and ovaries and such. Douching is a no-no.
Your vagina is beautiful! Embrace and educate yourself about it!!